[luau] RH 7.3 on Presario

Alvin Murphy amurphy at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Aug 27 16:09:00 PDT 2002

Thanks Dan and Warren and others for the help. I did find the mirror,
downloaded the images and the sums checked out, now burning. But based
on myexperience yesterday of trying an old copy of 7.2 I am kind of
worried. Not very intuitive, especially if you are used to Mdk. If I did
not read Warren's review, I would have no clue that the S3 Savage Pro+
was the way to go. Also, I chose Grub (RH seemed to want it that way);
when it rebooted, no sign of WinXP!! I could only boot into RH.  I
suppose I missed some option. Anyway, I went in, tried sndconfig, did
not work, tried some other config and it froze like concrete. So I
reinstalled Mdk 8.2, was glad to see the LILO screen and WinXP (which it
calls NT, I guess because of the filesystem). I will try the 7.3,
perhaps tonight, but probably select LILO. If anyone out there knows
what I did wrong (to not have Win on boot screen), please let me know.
Also, I gather from Warren, even if I get it all on and working, I will
have to fetch upgrades (whcih?) to get sound working. Again thanks.