[luau] PowerPoint Alternative

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Wed Aug 21 12:19:01 PDT 2002

Actually, I might have found a very interesting alternative.  This
thought is to use the "tab" feature of Mozilla.  I can pre-load all the
"slides" into corresponding tabs.  For a long talk, I can further sort
related tabs into seperate window.  One problem, I don't know how to
switch (w/o using a mouse) between tabs/windows.

Preparing the HTML documents is not a problem; there are plenty of
tools.  But putting them together so that they can be presented in an
orderly fashion is the problem.  As George mentioned, gqview would do a
very good job, but it lacks the flexibility of switching between
non-contiguous slides.

With HTML/Mozilla, of course, you can embed animations, sound, and
hyperlinks.  The last feature is important if I want to show a document
in pdf format.