[luau] PowerPoint Alternative

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Wed Aug 21 08:05:00 PDT 2002

<I have to wonder why you can't use StarOffice 6 for your presentations.  If
the projector accepts the standard vga output on your laptop (if you have
one), then I am confused about the problem.  If the projector accepts only
s-video or standard rca jacks, then I could see a problem directing your
video output to one of those interfaces whilst in Linux.>

That Linux would boot up OK, but then lost its screen
when it went into the X graphic mode.

Now I come to think about this.  Perhaps what happened was that I was running
1028x768 mode but the projector only accepted 800x600.