[luau] PowerPoint Alternative

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Wed Aug 21 07:56:01 PDT 2002

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 07:40, you wrote:

> Ideally, I would like to use my Linux notebook during my talk.  However,
> it may not work (and in all my cases, has not worked) with the projector
> provided by the host.  (b/f I go further, does anyone know how to solve
> this problem?)

I have to wonder why you can't use StarOffice 6 for your presentations.  If
the projector accepts the standard vga output on your laptop (if you have
one), then I am confused about the problem.  If the projector accepts only
s-video or standard rca jacks, then I could see a problem directing your
video output to one of those interfaces whilst in Linux.

> Don't know whether my above thoughts made any sense.  But basically, I
> want to create an HTML file, with which I can control/confine each
> "slide" within a screen, use the page-down key to move from one
> slide/screen to the next, and quickly jump from one slide/screen to
> another.  Is this possible?

I haven't checked yet, but I wonder if StarOffice can save presentations as
html files like ppoint does.

scott