[luau] PowerPoint Alternative

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Wed Aug 21 07:37:00 PDT 2002

Perhaps a better question that should have been posted is, Does anyone
know how to make "presentation quality" HTML files, i.e., to prepare a
HTML file that can be used in presentations?

PowerPoint has a lot of limitations.  (You can see that, b/c Microsoft
has no competition, it really slacks further development effort.  This
is the weakness of a monopolistic monster.)  However, this is not my point.

Ideally, I would like to use my Linux notebook during my talk.  However,
it may not work (and in all my cases, has not worked) with the projector
provided by the host.  (b/f I go further, does anyone know how to solve
this problem?)

Unless I am willing to do a dual-boot, in which case I can use
WordPerfect's Presentation which actually does a better job than
PowerPoint, I must give the file which contains my talk to the host, and
let them run the show for me.  An HTML file is probably the only option,
if I don't (and I won't) yield to their request of giving them a
PowerPoint file.

Don't know whether my above thoughts made any sense.  But basically, I
want to create an HTML file, with which I can control/confine each
"slide" within a screen, use the page-down key to move from one
slide/screen to the next, and quickly jump from one slide/screen to
another.  Is this possible?