[luau] Limbo 2 Gone from Mirrors

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sun Aug 18 11:52:01 PDT 2002

Warren Togami wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 11:21, W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
>
>>I was going to do a kernel patch (Win4Lin kernel patch) and needed the
>>kernel source, which appeared to be in CDROM No. 4.  Then I found out
>>that the Limbo is gone from all the mirrors.
>>
>>Is there a new Redhat beta coming out?
>

> Yep, very soon now.
>
> However, you don't need to wait for the new beta in order to use get the
> kernel source.  Grab the latest kernel RPM for your architecture annd
> source RPM here:
>
> ftp://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/
>
> Install it with:
>
> rpm -ivh kernel-2.4.18-xxxx.athlon.rpm
>
> Then install the kernel-source package.
>
> Reboot into this new kernel, then you have the kernel source and RPM for
> the latest Red Hat kernel.

Should you need to apply kernel patches from many sources (though I
think Win4Lin includes patches against redhat), you may find it more
useful to attain the vanilla source from http://www.kernel.org.
Installation is a bit more complex (and you'll have to compile your
kernel by hand of course), but it may make the patch much easier to apply.

--MonMotha