[luau] Limbo 2 Gone from Mirrors

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Aug 18 11:45:00 PDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 11:21, W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
> I was going to do a kernel patch (Win4Lin kernel patch) and needed the
> kernel source, which appeared to be in CDROM No. 4.  Then I found out
> that the Limbo is gone from all the mirrors.
>
> Is there a new Redhat beta coming out?

Yep, very soon now.

However, you don't need to wait for the new beta in order to use get the
kernel source.  Grab the latest kernel RPM for your architecture annd
source RPM here:

ftp://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/

Install it with:

rpm -ivh kernel-2.4.18-xxxx.athlon.rpm

Then install the kernel-source package.

Reboot into this new kernel, then you have the kernel source and RPM for
the latest Red Hat kernel.