[luau] has anyone got this printer (canon S300) to work with linux?

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Aug 17 12:39:00 PDT 2002

ryuhei yokokawa wrote:

>my comp specs are: P3 866, 256 ram, 2 usb hubs etc. (a typical desktop
>machine year and a half old)
>my annoying printer spec is: canon pixus bj S300
>I am having a fight with my printer to get it to do something.  I
>downloaded a filter (don't really know how it works) and I set it up as
>I am told to and did whatever was said in the instructions....but the
>damn thing won't print for me too bad I left my lexmark z52 in Hawaii!
>that worked so great!
>If anyone has any idea of anything to make this work please mail luau
>or me thank you!

Okay I just checked out linuxprinting.org:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300

So, basically you need to install CUPS and Gimp-Print.

What distribution are you running?  You can probably get cups from your
your distribution, but you'll probably have to get gimp-print from the
gimp-print website.

--Ray