[luau] Massive Flash Plugin Security Hole

Dan George linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Aug 13 13:28:00 PDT 2002

On Monday 12 August 2002 20:27, you wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 20:19, Dan George wrote:
> > Warren
> >                 Can you tell me how to install flash on Linux 7.1 or
> > 7.3?  Ive tried following the
> > directions but never could get them to work in Netscape Plugins.
>
> Red Hat 7.1, 7,2 and 7.3 actually come with the Flash plugin as part of
> the Netscape package, but it is a very old version that they aren't
> allowed to upgrade due to licensing problems.
>
> Not like the current new version is any better or anything.  It is still
> incredibly unstable and completely unusable for LTSP thin clients, while
> supporting only Flash version 5.

  That may be true that Flash5 exists within the Netscape Plugin but for some
reason my daughter goes to zoogdisney.com and it always states that the
Flash5 has to be downloaded.  I did exactly what the instructions stated to do
and still doesnt recognize the Flash5 as a plugin for the Netscape.
Unfortunately shes become a Bill Gates fan simply because Uncle Bill allows
her to play zoogdisney. How can I argue my way out of that?!