[luau] Massive Flash Plugin Security Hole

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Tue Aug 13 13:07:00 PDT 2002

Dan George wrote:

> Warren Togami wrote:
>
> >I usually don't post about Windows security holes on this list, but this
> >is a massive one that can potentially wreak havoc to desktop clients
> >should your users visit the wrong websites or receive the wrong e-mail
> >attachment.  Please be sure to upgrade your Flash plugin.  It appears
> >that Macromedia released a new Flash plugin for Linux several days ago
> >too.
> >
> >http://idg.net/ic_933538_1794_9-10000.html
> >"Security flaw found in Shockwave Flash"
> >
> >http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/frameset.fhtml?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
> >Macromedia Flash Download - will auto-detect your operating system

> Warren
>                 Can you tell me how to install flash on Linux 7.1 or
> 7.3?  Ive tried following the
> directions but never could get them to work in Netscape Plugins.

Hmmm... I thought it was just me.
I had the same problem with RedHat 7.3
Anybody have a how to with installing Flash on Linux.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043