[luau] Massive Flash Plugin Security Hole

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Tue Aug 13 13:25:01 PDT 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, al plant wrote:
>Hmmm... I thought it was just me. I had the same problem with RedHat 7.3
>Anybody have a how to with installing Flash on Linux.

I am using Mozilla 1.0 and I installed it in my user directory instead of
in the /usr/local or something.  Then I just followed the Flash
installation instructions and it works fine.  I also tried an older flash
plugin with Netscape 6.x with the same setup and it works also.

I don't install in /usr/local because Netscape has some problems when
installed as root and shared for all users.  Since only I use the
computer, I just install it in my home directory.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org