[luau] MSWindows

Carl Tucker cft at panix.com
Fri Aug 2 16:58:01 PDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 03:10:45PM -1000, Eric Hattemer wrote:
> I have never once said that the command line should be eliminated, or
> anything of the sort.  The command line is useful as a secondary shell for a
> lot of people, and should be available for an init 1 type of situation.
> However, I've just been saying that the GUI should be improved to the extent
> that people would have the choice not to use the command line.

Well, being a community-developed project, anyone is free to work on
whatever they think is important.  Funny part is, the people expert
enough to make a GUI tend to like using the command line, and so
aren't interested.

I personally don't even start X unless I've found an image I really
want to see while browsing with Lynx.  I like the command line better.
I don't care what newbies use, or even what options newbies have.
They can have pointy-clicky if they want, just don't make it so I
have to have that too.

--
Carl Tucker
cft at panix.com