[luau] Firewire PCI card

rick philbrick rickbluebrick at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 16:04:23 PDT 2002

Hi Dean,

I've had excellent luck w/ the cards I bought. They're
lucent chipset based, FW323-04 cheapo-imports. No
software came with them, they were from Ebay. ~$20
bucks each.

Have used it w/ ADS Drive Kit and my Sharp-DV to do
home videos, cut avi/mpegs and burn-to-cds. I only use
it these w/linux so all tools are open source.

Admittedly, some firewire things will take a bit more
time to get working w/linux but the Sharp DV was super
easy, just a kernel recompile to get current sources
and build the apps, it was usable within an a hour.
BTW I used RH 7.1 and 6.2 back in November, 7.2 now
has support for my gear from the get go so less than
an hour. -YMMV

Have fun and share some good/clean mpegs w/ us. i live
in Seattle so a sunny beach video will be very much
appreciated. :)

RIckp

--- Dean Fujioka <dean at poshawaii.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any positive experiences with Firewire
> PCI cards in a non-MAC
> environment? Brand / SW etc? I'm looking for a good
> one and some video
> editing software for use with a camcorder.
>
> TIA,
> dean

=====

  ( __SEATTLE__)