[luau] Mac OSX / User Friendly?

R Scott Belford sctinc at mac.com
Sun Apr 7 03:15:38 PDT 2002

24/7 for weeks on end I run a multi-user gui on top of a freebsd core.
My wife logs in and word processes, emails, and surfs.  I login, read
email, surf, and do some word processing.  I listen to my music
wirelessly from a debian file server on my lan.  When I want them, I
have outstanding video and image editing software.  When I print, I have
a remote queue on a redhat box setup most easily through the gui.  I
entered the queue name, the ip address, and what, if any, filter I
wanted.  When I want it, I have a shell.  Behind my happy gui, apache is
serving web pages(locally), samba is sharing files with my windoze box,
ssh is ready for me to login, the ftpd is ready to go should I summon
its services.

I use OSX.  I have for about half a year now.  I use it "hard".  It is
everything you want an os to be.  I have an original ibook with an
airport card.  It is all older hardware.  Now that osx has had a few
revisions, it gets a serious two thumbs up.  Original imacs can be had
for not much more than 600.  Good stuff.  I think it exceeds user
friendly.