LUAU Site and List

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Sep 24 00:04:20 PDT 2001

To all,

	I personally like the idea of a place where people can go to exchange
information.  It is also very nice that there is a group of people here
in Hawaii that are willing to share info as freely as the people on this
list do.  Maybe it's the convenience of the bazaar that I find so
appealing, maybe it's just the fact that there are folks here in Hawaii
that see a future in Linux and Open Source in general that draws me to
this list.  From this list I learn, and occasionally I am able to share
something I have learned with others -- that gives this list intrinsic
value to me in and of itself.

	I joined this list several months after being stationed here by the Air
Force, and have never understood the behind the scenes activity that
ultimately caused the demise of LUAU as a group.  This is largely because
I joined the list after that process was well in place -- just before the
group came apart. In any case, I find the list itself, and the
information shared within it very valuable. It would be disappointing to
see this list "go away" for "inter-personal" reasons because this virtual
gathering place is such a great place to go for help and to learn.
Having said that, I will subscribe to this list, whatever it is called,
until it reaches a point where it is no longer useful to me.  As long as
the list is run well, and people contributing to it present their views
relatively professionally, I'm here.  I understand that there will always
be differences of opinions about things related to the software, hardware
etc.  I appreciate reading these opinions because it expands my own
viewpoint.  What I don't want to see on this list are the personal
attacks that have sometimes found themselves on the list postings.  These
private conversations should not be aired quite so publicly as doing so
takes a toll on the group as a whole and is counterproductive.  Let us
all use this list as it was intended, to share knowledge, so we can grow
and take advantage of what each person brings to the group, regardless of
where they come from.

Respectfully,

Ben

On 9/23/01, 7:54:54 PM, "Warren Togami" <warren at togami.com> wrote regarding