Remote SSH in X?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Sep 14 11:43:42 PDT 2001

If you are going from Unix to Unix, with OpenSSH on the client side.

ssh -X username at server.example.com

Optionally you can use several other switches.  I use the following on many
occasions.

"-c blowfish" Blowfish is a faster cypher than the default.
"-C" enable zlib (gzip) compression

So the entire command line would be
ssh -X -C -c blowfish username at server.example.com

If you are using Mindterm or other SSH clients, you need to find ther
built-in X forwarding options.  You also need to be sure that your X server
is properly configured to allow connections originating from localhost or
127.0.0.1.