Mandrake 8.0 Problem

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Sep 10 12:07:24 PDT 2001

Hi

Anyone using Mandrake 8.0 had a problem with software manager? Here's the
problem i'm having...I start up the software manager and choose the updates
only view. I select a package (rpm) to update and click on install. I then
get a message that I already have that package installed, when I actually
have an older version of that package installed. ex.

openssh, trying to update to 2.9p1-3.1mdk. 2.5.2p2-3mdk is installed
currently.

Anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it?

Thanks,
Rodney