Linux vs Windows XP (Was Stock . . .)

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Sep 10 10:28:11 PDT 2001

On the flexibility side, almost every computer manufacturer I know in
Taiwan (Desktops and Notebooks) has some kind of Linux research projects
going on (most of them are conducted in China, for its cheap manpower
cost).  Most of their improvements are geared towards user-friendliness
(for example, a few of the systems I was shown, they can be rebooted in
less than 10 seconds).

At the present time, there are two major hold-backs:  (1) no one dares
to challenge Microsoft, and both Windows and more particularly Linux are
not comfortably "stablilzed".  But this development is like a time bomb
waiting to be exploded.