XFree on a laptop?

Roderick A Gammon AEG-Inc at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Oct 26 12:24:33 PDT 2001

"During the beta period I sent information about my [HP notebook] hardware
to Red Hat, and it should theoretically be working in Red Hat 7.2." - Warren

Upgrading from RH7.1 to 7.2 worked like a charm.  On reboot kudzu recognized
the Trident CyberBlade XP (also built in modem), then Xconfigurator auto
launched and I set it up with basic HP 15" display.  Perhaps not fully
optimized, but no complaints here, so far.

Just a note, none of the pre-rolled XF86Config files I tried worked. If
anyone has an interest I can post what config files I've got now that it
works.

Next up is the built in ethernet port and the Linksys WEP11 wireless
ethernet card, neither of which work right.  Perhaps more on that later, but
I need to try a few things before bugging y'all.

aloha-
rod g

President, AEG, Inc.     | PhD. Candidate
Tools for multi-lingual  | Chinese Computational Linguistics
information processing.  | University of HI @ Manoa
http://www.aeg-inc.net   | http://www.aeg-inc.net/cuttingEdge