Argh!! CRAP WINDOWS!

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Oct 25 02:39:50 PDT 2001

I just rebooted my Windows 2000 machine after 2 weeks of uptime.  Some kind
of memory leak in kernel space ate all available RAM, so I was forced to
reboot.

BIOS screens...
Boot up floppy seek...
clickity-click... clickity-click

NTLDR missing
Press any key to reboot

Stupid Windows randomly decided on its own to takeover the MBR.  It
forcefully overwrote GRUB.  Unfortunately, it somehow killed itself
rendering the sytsem unbootable.

Yeah yeah yeah I know, I'm a stupid hypocrite.  As soon as I am able to
convert my years of Outlook Express e-mail archives to Mozilla Messenger I'm
moving to Linux desktop permanently.  Currently all e-mail conversion tools
crash when attempting to convert my mail boxes.  I'll figure it out soon...