Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Oct 24 02:45:23 PDT 2001

I just asked two places within Red Hat about forcing an install with low
RAM.  I hope there is a way.  If not, then you could always do an
installation on a bigger number, and transfer the hard drive.

I'll let you know if they give me an answer...

You could use one of those tiny Linux distributions, but then you lose your
ability of using Red Hat as the development platform from which you develop
software for your tiny computer.  Red Hat's new strategy (read their new
home page) says this

"Introducing one code base for the full spectrum of computing platforms -
handheld device, thin appliance, router/gateway, workstation, server,
advanced server, mainframe."

They have embedded development tools... so I'm assuming that their products
should still support even the weakest compatible hardware.