Linux Robot linuxrobot at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:35:43 PDT 2001

I have some old 486's that I wanted to load linux onto, but I ran into a few
problems.  When I tried installing RedHat7.1, the installer told me that I
didn't have enough system memory, and wouldn't let me continue.  RedHat6.2
told me to put in some driver disk which I didn't really know what they were
talking about.  My assumption was that I could run 7.1 on the 486 (I wasn't
planning on running X or any graphical stuffs), but I couldn't get through
the install.  Am I going about this the wrong way?  Should I be looking into
a different linux distro or maybe a BSD or something since my hardware is so
old?  Or is there a way to get through the RedHat installer?

Thanks,
LR