Interview: How to run your favorite Windows applications on Linux

Brian Russo brusso at phys.hawaii.edu
Tue Oct 9 01:19:02 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 10:14:39PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> http://searchwindowsmanageability.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,si
> d33_gci772798,00.html
>
> How to run your favorite Windows applications on Linux
> An interview with Jim Graham, CTO of CodeWeavers, Inc.

<corporate>
I purchased "Crossover" from them, allows you to run "any windows
browser plugin" on linux.. it seems to work quite well, I mainly use
it for viewing quicktime (with sorenson), haven't really tested it
out with other plugins. $20 with download options, $30 if you want a
cd also.
</corporate>

<geek>
It's cool cause I can watch the LOTR trailer from apple's site
without having to look around for an mpeg, does run up the %CPU
though, course my computer is 3 years old..
</geek>

--
Unix Staff, High Energy Physics Group   <brusso at phys.hawaii.edu>
Debian/GNU Linux! http://www.debian.org <wolfie at debian.org>