Interview: How to run your favorite Windows applications on Linux

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Oct 9 01:14:39 PDT 2001

http://searchwindowsmanageability.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,si
d33_gci772798,00.html

How to run your favorite Windows applications on Linux
An interview with Jim Graham, CTO of CodeWeavers, Inc.

Interesting quote:
A CTO of a large organization with a thousand desktops can buy one copy of
Red Hat Linux, for example, and install it on all of those desktops without
violating any license agreements. With that, you've got the ability to
maintain those from one central location and work with servers and
communicate with any other desktop (Macintosh, Apple, or Windows) all from
the same environment. We might see a larger utilization of Linux in the
workplace, but I don't believe we're going to get all of the applications
over there immediately. There's going to be a demand to provide both until
there's more application software in the Linux market. Tools like this are
going to provide that bridge.