Mixed network connectivity

Yuser yuser at hi.net
Fri Nov 23 22:26:21 PST 2001

Let me see if I have this right...
The laptop running Linux CAN successfully ping sites on the internet but
can NOT ping workstations on your local network?  Thats really an odd
one..
Can this Linux machine ping the local network side of the Linksys
dsl/cable router?  I assume its the default 192.168.1.1.  I don't know
what this proves either way though.  It appears that traffic is obvisously
getting to the router and passing as expected because you are pinging
internet sites through it,  any packets that need to exit 192.168.1.x have
to go through the gateway (192.168.1.1) to get there, which appears to be
working as noted by the successful internet pings.  Have you tried
something other then pinging?  Like browsing web sites from the Linux
machine or trying to ftp/telnet into the Linux machine from the Win
machines?