Request for off line security help

Yuser yuser at hi.net
Mon Nov 12 05:51:51 PST 2001

Any computer attached to the internet will get portscanned.  I'm surprized
that being on a CM, this is the first you noticed.  I have a Uunet dialup
and I get poked, pinged, scanned at least hourly.  I choose to ignore
it and don't bother to "track" them down.  Others
feel violated and offended.  I guess it depends on your
comfort level with what you have running and how secure it really is.

On that note... I am interested with Chris's reponse.
"This is the technology we use to deliver content faster than everyone
else."

That is a very VAGUE statement, what technology is this?  How does
portscanning someone provide faster
content delivery in the future?  Maybe there is more to this, or I do not
have all the details but I feel that above statement would need some
clarification before I would believe it.

 On
Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Chris M. Rafael wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 01:01:18 -1000
> From: Chris M. Rafael <thecomputerguy at hawaii.rr.com>
> To: Linux & Unix Advocates & Users <luau at maile.hi.net>
> Newsgroups: luau