When Free Is Better

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Nov 2 20:44:52 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "al plant" <webmaster at hawaiidakine.com>
To: "Linux & Unix Advocates & Users" <luau at list.luau.hi.net>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 6:35 PM
Subject: [luau] Re: When Free Is Better

> Warren,
>

> If Linux wasn't mission critical choice what did the
> Pentagon Chose it?
>
> What Publication is this?
>
> Give me the Publisher's name and I'll call the outfit.
> What they say is Wrong. Dead wrong.

Don't worry.  I am sure this is only the result of misunderstanding and lack
of research in writing the article.  Open Source is a very new concept for
most people, and it can be very difficult to understand at first.  Deven,
can we give these people a ticket for Revolution OS?

We will have it corrected in a very positive way, perhaps in a future
follow-up article that shows the benefits of both desktop AND server open
source software.

Ho'ala will also explain that Open Source is very excellent for mission
critical applications.  He's in the business of doing so.

The Webmaster of Pacific Basin wrote a short half-page article in the
October 2001 issue of Hawaii Business (page 38) saying good things about
Python, Perl, PHP, MySQL and PostgreSQL.  It appears that they already have
at least one person within their organization already in the know.

Don't worry, we'll work it out.