HELP NEEDED SATURDAY: Installing Terminal Server

epsas at inflicted.net epsas at inflicted.net
Thu Nov 1 19:51:46 PST 2001

> > for images:
> > I would tar.gz the image and export it out as nfs, boot the slackware's
> > boot disk(net.i) and the root disk(color.gz) on the work
> >station, you can do all the paritation and format of the HD,
> > mount the HD and the nfs export, untar your image on
> > the workstation, reboot with the boot disk and apply
> > option 'mount root=/dev/hd?, login and run lilo, reboot, you are done.
>
> Thanks.  Eventually I'd like to create a toolkit for doing this quickly.
> Charles, is this the method you were thinking of?

No.

I was thinking about using a Debian rescue disk to:

1. Boot up with network+NFS
2. automagically run install script, get IP Address from DHCP
3. dd the RedHat hardrive image from the NFS Server to /dev/hda
4. once finished, write a file to the NFS Server containing the IP Address and Ethernet ID and date