Secure web mail

jay jay at musubi.org
Wed May 9 12:06:52 PDT 2001

er, you could use an existing pop account and ssh tunnel
localhost:<anyport> to popserver:110.  that way you get
an encrypted tunnel to drag your mail through.  you could
automate this with the use of a bash script, ssh keys and
cron jobs.

alternatively, if you have permissions on the server where
your mail is held, you could use sslwrap or stunnel to enable
secure pop and imaps services.  i think eudora (spop only)
and ms outlook support those features.

=jay