Secure web mail

Jesse Manibusan jessmani at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 10:42:18 PDT 2001

Does anyone know of secure means of downloading email from a web-based email
account?  Yahoo only allows me the ability to login on the web securely.
Once authenticated, all email is in the clear so they only protect my
password.

And I don't want to have to log in on the web everytime, just to see all my
email, I would like to download them to my machine.  Is this situation
hopeless?  Anyone know of a vendor/provider who provides this service?  I
don't mind paying for this service as long as its secure.

Devin, by the way, thanks for your reply on the FreesWan stuff.  I am still
trying to understand it.  I hope to get around to implementing it soon.