Frivolous game question

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Wed May 9 13:29:56 PDT 2001

This one's a little bit off...
I've been looking for a low-gore version of a first-person-shooter for
Linux for a long time.  Basically, I miss the 3D play of Doom, Quake,
etc., but I want a game that I don't mind my son seeing or playing.  I
want to find (download or buy) a good fps wherein the enemies/monsters
don't include people, gruesomeness like blood spurts and flying limbs
are minimal, occultic symbolism is non-existent (remember all of the
Doom stuff that looked like it came from a satan-worshippers movie?) and
cooperative team play works over IP.  So far, the Linux version of
Aleph/one is the closest I've come.  I KNOW that some of you guys _must_
waste time playing games now and then   ;) .

BTW, anyone on the list ever play bzflag (the cool 3D tank game)?

Thanks,
-Jeff Mings