missing /bin directory

Erich S. sharky at websharx.com
Wed Mar 7 23:49:52 PST 2001

Thanks John,

I'll start looking at that. I believe I've got a rescue disk, just a bit
nervous about rebooting at this point. I just found it a few moments ago,
when I got up and was checking mail and cronjob mails were coming through
saying /bin/sh could not be found.

I've got another machine with RH6.0 nearby, and I'm wondering if I can get
booted from floppy if I can't just copy the /bin directory from that box
into this one and start doing some damage assessment. *sigh*

Thanks for the advice...still open to more if anyone has any good idea's
or already has their own procedure in place for dealing with this kind of
thing...I'm not sure if I've been compromised, but I can't think of any
other reason..the box has been rock solid for over a year.

Thanks,
	Erich