missing /bin directory

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Mar 8 11:39:07 PST 2001

I would highly suggest that you do a complete backup and install Linux from
scratch.  That is the only way to make sure that your system will be
completely clean.  Once your new system is running, restore the backup to
another directory tree then copy over your personal files.

Also please use Redhat 6.2 or 7.0.  It will be an uphill battle to secure
your 6.0 installation again.  6.2 and 7.0 have the benefit of up2date.  No
more downloading packages from mirrors and such.  You can also use Ximian
Update or Ximian Red Carpet to update your operating system packages.  Red
Carpet is only beta right now, but it will soon become the best updater for
Redhat installations, rivaling apt-get in its dependency resolution and ease
of package maintenance.

Also, if you use Redhat 6.2 or 7.0, IMMEDIATELY SHUT OFF ALL SERVICES after
your install, then update.  Both are susceptible to the "Ramen worm" that
crack through the vulnerable lpd and wuftpd daemons.