missing /bin directory

John Covey johnc at dnhawaii.com
Sat Mar 10 10:07:41 PST 2001

Hi Erich,

eeek! sorry to hear about your prob you are in the middle of, but I would
just use that trusty boot disk to get myself back to a somewhat workable
environment and create a new /bin and get some uilities back in there. I
have never used a red hat boot disk though, I use a very lightweight, but
very useful recovery disk that is well worth it's weight from
http://www.toms.net/rb/

this guy has done a wonderful job on this disk. It has got the ability to
boot up and get your hard disk mounted read-write to restore your /bin dir.
It also has many utilities packed onto it as well.

Hope this helps,
John