Linux Network

Nelson Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jun 30 22:22:23 PDT 2001

Are you doing this from the Windows box?
or are you trying to do this from linux to a ftp server on the windows
machine?

> Currently transfers using ftp go to the Hard drives on other
> linux boxes with  no problem from Linux or Windows. In MS
> Windows only the hard drives show to send files to. There
> doesn't seem to be a way to access the Zip Drive.

I'm not sure what all your requirements are but you could use samba instead
of ftp since you already will be dealing with windows networking by opening
up file sharing.  Then copying files from linux to windows would be as easy
as drag-and-drop and the same as windows-to-windows copying.
Unless you are looking to automate this whole thing using cron jobs.  It
would help to know what machine this will all be  done from.

> Is there a way to get the zip drive to show up on the other
> Windows box on the network.

For Windows-to-Windows, you should be able to just share the drive
(right-click, "Sharing", etc.). If the drive is on a NT machine, you need to
make sure that you specify the correct permissions for the users involved.

Sorry if I didn't address the problem correctly, please send us more
details.

Aloha,
Nelson