Samba Daemon dying

Ho'ala Greevy hoala at secretbonus.com
Wed Jul 25 03:38:02 PDT 2001

I'm still here! been sleeping under desks alot more lately in an effort to
try and pull the company's first official product into shape, the
hoalagreevy.com Open Business Server.

In a nutshell, i've bundled a dozen or so open source apps that as a
whole, directly compete with Microsoft's Small Business Server 2000.
very excited about this one, lots of potential.

*shameless plug* => www.hoalagreevy.com/products.html

okay but back to question at hand, i'd start with the logs.  i'm guessing
that with your particular version, your log files are in /var/log/samba/

if you have these lines in your smb.conf file, then debugging is a bit
easier:

log level = 2
log file = /var/log/samba/smb.%m

you might wanna go with log level 3, but anything above that will
be rubbish litter to most people.  the .%m option will log connections by
the machine's netbios name, which can really help out.

let me know if that helps any.

-ho'ala