Samba Daemon dying

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Jul 25 09:36:50 PDT 2001

Hey, it looks good!  I would certainly use your product if it meant that
qmail was easy to install.  Are you distributing an unmodified copy of
qmail?  Might you be able to get around D.J. Bernstein's restrictive
licensing with qmail --> patch-o-matic --> compile --> install system?  That
way you can incorporate some of the better qmail enhancements without
running afoul of his retarded licensing.

Are you thinking of including an IMAP front-end, perhaps Courier-IMAPd?  If
so, then you will be able to take advantage of the power of Squirrel Mail, a
very feature rich web based e-mail system.  Your customers would LOVE it.

What do you feel about reiserfs for your product?  qmail would require a
patch for reliable operation because reiserfs wont allow the atomic
operatings that it expects.  I've been using reiserfs for years, and it can
be very reliable as long as you follow their mailing list and patch
appropriately.

Could you help me understand how to package a multi disk Red Hat based
distribution?  Red Hat's documentation only tells you how to build a single
disk with genhdlist.  I eventually figured out that I needed --withnumbers
for genhdlist to do multiple CD's from this HOWTO
http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/RedHat7-CDs-HowTo.html but my resulting
CD's have a broken package order.  Please help me write a more complete
HOWTO for the Wiki.

Put me on the beta tester list!