Samba Daemon dying

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Jul 24 21:18:25 PDT 2001

The Linux distributions seem reluctant to upgrade to the latest Samba 2.2.x.
This must mean that there are a few serious changes in the configuration
file.  I highly suggest starting fresh, and configure from the default Samba
2.2.1 example.  If you download their source RPM package, installation of
the software is very easy.  Just follow their directions at that URL in my
last email.

If you get stuck, you could try asking Ho'ala for help.  He is one of the
most knowledgable people in town in Samba configuration.

Ho'ala, you still around?  We could really use a detailed, step-by-step
HOWTO on this topic for the MPLUG Wiki.