Senator seeks injunction of Windows XP launch

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Jul 24 21:50:13 PDT 2001

A few excellent follow up links on this topic.

"WASHINGTON--Lawmakers, trustbusters and competitors are turning up the heat on Microsoft, indicating they could seek to delay the company's Windows XP operating system, due to ship in October. "
Including an excellent streaming video of the Senator's speech.  This is an excellent video explaining Microsoft's plans to unfairly leverage their desktop operating system monopoly with Windows XP to destroy competition and take over more markets.  WATCH THIS VIDEO.
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6658768.html#

"When the lawsuit was originally brought up, Microsoft was allowed to ship Windows 98 with Internet Explorer an "integral part" of the OS. Of course, now that Netscape is no longer a threat, they're willing to say that PC manufacturers can now "disable" IE, as CNN reported earlier.  Microsoft is doing it again, but with Messenger, Windows Media Player, Photo printing services, and other technologies in XP. It's important for the government to act before Microsoft subsumes other technologies into Windows in the quest for "innovation".
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=01/07/25/0122212&cid=87

"Microsoft is guilty. Why should they be allowed to morph thier guilty product during an appeal?
It's like the justic department is saying'I know your are guilty of making a product to enhance your monopoly but it's okay to keep selling it and improving your monopoly position while we decice how punish you." HELLO! "Yes, are a mass murderer and are guilty. You may still practice and improving your murdering skills while we decide what to do with you." Am I off base here?"
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=01/07/25/0122212&cid=22