Samba Daemon dying

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Jul 24 14:09:03 PDT 2001

What version of Samba are you running?  Newer versions probably fix
potential problems that may have been introduced with Windows XP.  The
latest release is Samba 2.2.1.

http://us2.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/
Go to this URL, select your operating system, and follow their directions in
building and installing the source RPM.