Brand new to linux, firewall

jay jay at musubi.org
Thu Jan 25 01:11:56 PST 2001

uh... ipfilter is stateful too (has been for a long time).  also does NAT
and redirection... you can specify which combination  of tcp flags to
block (i.e. "catching stealth scans")... AND it has easy syntax.

so i guess it does everything iptables is supposed to do, but with
easier syntax and a proven codebase.  i'm not saying it's better (haven't
gotten to actually play w/ it yet), but it's not any dumber or worse.

=jay

------
"I did nothing, absolutely nothing.  And
 it was everything I thought it could be."