This is great!

Ann and Al Shaver ashaver at hawaiiancondos.com
Wed Jan 24 22:57:53 PST 2001

Reading many of this spate of messages is a help to newbies like me! I wish
that there were 42 substantive messages on the site every day--though I must
admit there were a few too many for my taste about whether to change the
name of the group.

I enjoyed the few LUAU meetings I attended and hope to attend many more.
Since I am retired airline with free worldwide travel, Ann and I are on the
go a great deal of the time. When we are   in Hawaii, I will continue coming
to the meetings.

During the LUAU sessions I felt bad about taking up the time of important
people who are real Linux experts responsible for servers, networks, etc.
Each attendee was most gracious to me despite my total lack of Linux
expertise and advanced age.

Perhaps the group might want to consider finding a meeting place where two
rooms are available; a group of professionals meeting in one and newbies
with a couple of volunteer mentors in the other.

In any event, if this list remains active I can use my laptop to access what
information you contribute wherever I am.

Aloha,
Al