the editor battle continues...

David J. Burger dburger at hsa-kauai.net
Wed Jan 24 19:29:58 PST 2001

The mailing list was dead for so long...and now we are having an editor
battle...very cool.

I've used Frontpage 2000 and no, it doesn't mangle html like 97 did.  It is
really a pretty good program even though it came from Microsoft.

As for Quanta and Vi...never used either of them.  I use emacs to do my text
editing in Unix, however, for a GUI environment, I have seen nothing better
than Visual Slickedit.  It is not a wysiwyg editor but the editing features
and configurability of this program are incredible.  It has versions for
several different platforms.  It also has built in key binding settings to
match Vi, emacs, CUA, Brief, Epsilon, Visual C++, and ISPF.  It even does
"context tagging" of your own source files.  It will even do the context
tagging in a javascript block within an html page.  The features are far too
numerous to list...