the editor battle continues...

Daemon Knyte daemon_knyte at cyberkotik.com
Wed Jan 24 23:52:41 PST 2001

Watch out... another windoze user steps up... :P

I'm currently working fer a web dev/ hosting app company.. don't ask.
And they got me hooked on Homesite. I was able to obtain homesite 4.5 but
for some reason.. I create custom quick tag inserts and it crashes. But
anyway.. I digress...

Homesite is full HTML coding.. supports ASP, SQL, Javascript umm.. some
other stuff.. and with a little adding of extensions here and there even
PHP (homesite 4.5 recognizes php..but..). It offers color coding, gutter
line numbering massive quick shortcuts, tag inserts, and you can create
custom tags. It has it's own ftp integration (like MS Frontpage 2K but
without having to use Frontpage Extensions). It offers a lot of other kewl
shortcuts and tools (integrated preview with IE). If you don't wanna cough
up the dough for Homesite... another program (freeware) actually resembles
it... it's by evrsoft.com ... and it was called 1st Page 2000. I dl'd my
copy from tucows. I don't know if it's up anymore however. :(
Now... I'm not trying to be a PLUG, but it sure got me away from frontpage
and dreamweaver. I admit..frontpage had potential, but having to use
frontpage extensions is a kinda minus IMHO. Oh yeah... It also ends having
messy code (I prefer my way... heh..)

I'm running windows 2000 on my (currently) development box and my laptop
(hence the eudora mail I'm sending at this time). But on my test box I have
Mandrake 7.1 and so far, it's pretty kewl. I start up in command line.. but
well.. don't know what else to do so I startx. :P

QUESTION: Is there any internal PCI modem that I can get that works well
under linux (I'm a newbie.. flame me later)? If so, which one(s). As soon
as I get my modem for it, and get everything to work, I'm actually thinking
of going 75% linux (or bsd...whichever is fun-er) and have my entertainment
box running win98 (for unreal, quake III, Alice, Thief II...).

Thanks fer all the help and emails. The information that gets sent all
around is very interesting.

R-Lan

P.S. I edited webpages at HCC through PICO (waits for all the laughter to
die down) and recently tried to do stuff with emacs (hangs head low).