LUAU's rebirth

Donald Numbers shotgundon at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jan 23 00:36:25 PST 2001

Hello again all,
 A little thought might be put into how we could possible raise funds so we
can Do events such as expo's. Car washes are good for girls in Bakini's but
is it worth 5 bucks to get a computer guy to wash your car ?  Lets concider
our options now. In one of the Many e-mails I got on the mailing list it
asked who is running Luau now ? NOONE is. Thats kinda the Bueaty of it right
now isnt it. Haveing  no boss dont make it seem like a job . Lets just worry
about getting the Movers and shakers together then we'll worry about picking
a Director. However I do think that the Library thing is a killer idea and a
perfect way to see who shows up and makes this thing happen. I got the time.
I can make some phone calls if you want and try to organize this thing. I
dont have a problem with that. David Burger Suggested it so maybe he'll want
to take the reins but my offer stands and I'm willing to help who'ever gets
the ball rolling. Yea I use Microsoft based E-mail. I've  gotten redhat 7.0
and Mandrake 7.1 to install but i cant get any of them to access the net.
I'll follow up with a Description of my system if anyone is interestd in
helping me out. I am running the Intel 82820 chipset with a PIII B600r
copper mine processor 128 mgs of Pc700 Rd ram. Can linux even really acces
these resources or was it designed for somethign liek the 440 chipset ?
Anyways We have to make a First Move. The first Step is always the
Hardest. - Don Numbers