LUAU

Steve Anderson andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jan 21 22:11:28 PST 2001

Greetings,
I have endured all of the past strife in LUAU over the last 2 1/2 years,
and remained on the mailing list. The mailing list is the only
connection that many of us will have with LUAU. This is simply due to a
personal choice, busy schedules, and some live off of Oahu. I cannot
attend meetings mostly or participate in activities such as EXPOs. I
will be taking 3 courses per each 10 week semester offered at the
military bases, and just don't have the time for "leisure" activities
after work and classes. But anyway, people have different purposes in
joining LUAU. It may be to get help from or offer help to other users,
make business contacts, or further the cause of Open Source. Many have
set out to put LUAU on track before ..... I will not theorize on why
things didn't work out. I wish everyone good luck, and will support
those hard workers through the mailing list.

On a side note, I  occasionally use the "view page source" to see what
distributions that others are running, and I am amazed to see how many
LUAU members use M$ products to send email.

I am sending this email from a Toshiba 4015CDS laptop, that runs RedHat
7.0 perfect out of the box. I would love to hear from others on which
distro they have chosen to use and why. I have most of the Linux
distros, BSD 4.0, and BeOS. I use different OSs for different purposes,
and enjoy almost of them.

Oh yeah, a question. Has anyone compiled a 2.4 kernel on RedHat 7.0? I
am thinking of going to the 2.4 series to use the new replacement for
Ipchains. Just curious as to if there any known problems before I get
started.

IMHO,
Steve Anderson