OT: computer files transfer

Robert Green aloha_moon at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 11:59:29 PST 2001

This is off-topic, but you all are the best groups of
tech-heads I have access to for help with these types
of problems, so bear with me  =-)

I have a friend who wants to get a new notebook
computer, and she needs to transfer her data to the
new machine when it comes. The e-mail and other
documetns are a simple copy, but she also has a
Japanese windows install on a separate partition, as
well as several programs that she may not have the
original install diskettes for.

Has anybody had any experience with trying to move
apps over like this, or could you point me to a
resource online?

Much Mahalo,

Rob