OT: computer files transfer

Griffith Feeney gfeeney at gfeeney.com
Tue Feb 27 12:15:45 PST 2001

This situation can be a real headache (no original install diskettes).
PowerQuest's Drive Image 4.0 will copy and restore entire partitions, ext2
as well as dos-windows. It's about $70 if I recall, not cheap, but well
worth the time and trouble it can save in this situation. I've used it for
many years and never had a problem with it. Norton's Ghost may do the trick
as well (someone expressed preference for this over DI on this list in the
past), I've never used it, can't say.