NASA Sorry, but I am too enthusiastic!

Ann and Al Shaver ashaver at hawaiiancondos.com
Sun Feb 25 09:16:09 PST 2001

Sorry fellows, but I can't restrain myself when the Shuttle is the topic!
Below is an e-mail which I sent to about 50 friends the night we got home
from the last launch!  (Please don't kick me off the list!)

Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 1:41 PM
Subject: Wonderful view of Shuttle launch tonight!

We just got back to our place in St. Petersburg after driving across Florida
to see the Space Shuttle Atlantis launched.

It took 3 hrs + 40 min to get to our favorite  spot. We skipped visiting
SeaWorld when it became obvious that the traffic was so awful that we had
better keep going.

We wondered if our trying to witness every possible launch is a bit weird.
Today's experience reminded us of why we go: every launch presents a
different scene depending on cloud conditions, time of day, angle of the sun
or moon--and a host of other variables.

To say that one launch is like all of the others would be like saying that
every sunset is identical.

The full moon was not far above the horizon and the sky was crystal clear.