Space Sation Sightings

Steve Anderson andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Feb 25 09:50:56 PST 2001

I grew up in Florida, and "watched" the launches of the 60s and 70s from our
home in central Florida. We were maybe 90 miles away by road, and still
could see the flames from the big rockets of those days. During the
nighttime launches, the flame in the sky was about the same of your
thumbnail. Also just as amazing to me was watching the shuttle go overhead
in AZ at night. It took a little over a minute for the shuttle to cross the
sky. I did go to a shuttle launch at the Cape in the 90s, and it was stopped
within 10 seconds of launch due to main engine failure. Maybe I will try
again in the future. For now I will try to see the Space Station from Oahu:

THE FOLLOWING ISS SIGHTINGS ARE POSSIBLE FROM THR FEB 22 TO THR MAR 08:

SATELLITE LOCAL      DURATION MAX ELEV APPROACH DEPARTURE
          DATE/TIME   (MIN)    (DEG)   (DEG-DEG)(DEG-DIR)

ISS Sun Feb 25/07:49 PM 1 33 15 above NNW33 above N
ISS Tue Feb 27/07:27 PM 3 69 67 above WSW11 above SSE
ISS Thr Mar 01/07:04 PM 1 20 20 above SSW10 above S
ISS Thr Mar 08/05:27 AM 1 11 10 above SSE11 above SSE

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/SSapplications/Post/SightingD
ata/sighting_index.html